Carmunnock Parish Church
 Kirk Road
 Carmunnock
 City of Glasgow
 G76
 Phone: 0141 644 1578

Carmunnock Parish Church is also known as The Kirk in the Braes.

Rebuilt 1767 on pre-Reformation site and repaired in 1840, the church features external stone staircases to three galleries, including Lairds gallery.


The stained glass is by Norman Macleod MacDougall.

There is also ancient graveyard that has a watch-house with original instructions for grave watchers (1828), and the burial vault of Stirling-Stuart family, Lairds of Castlemilk.

download the Covenanter

Facebook Our Facebook
Send us email
How to find us
Sacred Scotland

The Church is open every Saturday from 2 - 4pm during April to September for anyone wishing to visit the Church,  our volunteers are always on hand to welcome visitors to the Church, show them round and talk  to them about the History of the Church.  Carmunnock is in fact the last village in Glasgow it has a Heritage trail and is close to Cathkin braes has a good tearoom and an excellent Restaurant for lunches and Dinner.


The original church was built on the same site about 800 years ago and even  before that there was a tiny settlement in this place which came under the jurisdiction of Paisley Abbey. Carmunnock Church is in the village of Carmunnock, about twenty minutes from the centre of Glasgow and well served by public transport.